Saturday, October 17, 2009

choo . . . choo . . . train!

I spoke to my daughter and she told me she wanted to come home. She hated her father. She just did not want to be there. They had a fight a few days ago. (I don't know what it was about or what happened.) I asked her if she and her father talked ~ she said he wouldn't talk to her. So I go into this whole mother to daughter from the heart speech about how important it is o communicate, this is probably the last time she will have with her father, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. If you're a mom you know what I had to say.

So she goes on and says she want to go. Okay, so I call her father. He never speaks to me or takes my calls. He sends anything he has to say to me through her. Sucks. But I really, really, truly appreciate and enjoy the lack of direct contact I do have with him . . . ewww. Anyway, I called him, he actually answered the phone and listened to me. Really? He actually let me speak ~ so I did. Went into the speech for fathers, someone has to take the helm of this relationship (him and my daughter), last opportunity they will have before she goes off to school, blah, blah, blah, blah. He responded back surprisingly with intelligent conversation . . . okay. Progress?

Talk to the daughter later . . . her father tells her that she is coming back home. That was his rendition of talking to her!! Hellova communicator, huh? Oh, he also tells her to pack her things, she's leaving in three hours! Gasp!!! WTF??? She tells me she'll be flying in this evening.

I call the genetic donator and he tells me that she's not flying in. He is putting her on the train today and she will be her tomorrow around 7 p.m. At this point, the only thing stopping me from coming through the phone is that it is physically impossible!!!

I talk to her. He gives her no suitcase (she went out there driving with him and her clothes were in tubs). He takes her to grab some food for the trip. She has a little knapsack (from what she's telling me), her ipod and a book. He kisses her on the forehead, puts her on the train - it's done. Again, WTF? The only feeling of relief that I have is the fact that she is on her way back to HOME - you know someplace where someone or your things love and appreciate you.

So that is a quick summary of what's up. My minnie me will be home tomorrow around this time. Looking forward to watching Desperate Housewives with her (her favorite show ~ show I tolerate with her). Isn't that momdome is all about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment